Ecodesign horizontal matters
The European Commission has initiated a number of discussions and studies for the effectiveness and planning of the Ecodesign and Energy Labelling Directives ("horizontal matters"). Next Consultation Forum on horizontal matters will be held 1 March 2013.
Consultation Forum 1 March 2013
Topics that will be discussed in Consultation Forum 1 March are:
- reviews of existing ecodesign and energy labelling regulations
- guidelines for ecodesign self-regulation measures
- the implementation of the new second Ecodesign Work Plan 2012-2014,
- market surveillance,
Consultation Forum 19 April 2012
Consultation Forum for horizontal matters was held the 19 April 2012.The agenda included the following items:
- the main results of the study of the review of the Ecodesign Directive.
- preparation for the revision of the Ecodesign and Labelling Directives for 2012-2014.
- the review of the study on product labelling options and consumer understanding.
- challenges in the implementation of the directives.
- challenges in the national application of the directives.
- tolerances in ecodesign implementing measures.
Ecodesign Work Plan
The Ecodesign working plan sets out an indicative list of prioritised product groups. The revised working plan for 2012-2014 was released in December 2012 and replaces the working plan covering 2009-2011.
Two studies examined different aspects of the Ecodesign Directive:
- An independent study evaluated the overall functioning of the Ecodesign policy. The aim was to make recommendations for the 2012 review of the ecodesign directive.
- The "study of the Update of the Methodology for the Ecodesign of Energy-using Products", examined the Eup Methodology in order to develop a methodology for the ecodesign of energy-related products (MEErP).
|1 March 2013
Draft agenda (pdf)
Guidelines on self-regulation measures (pdf)
|19 April 2012
draft agenda (pdf)
Presentation agenda p.2 (pdf)
Presentation agenda p.4 (pdf)
WD agenda p.3 (doc)
Overview future requirements (pdf)
Presentation review of the ecodesign directive (pdf)
Product label research (pdf)
DE on Top performing products (pdf)
NL on challenges (pdf), earlier version (pdf)
Industry & Trade
NGO & Consumers: