Ecodesign horizontal matters
The European Commission has initiated a number of discussions and studies for the effectiveness and planning of the Ecodesign and Energy Labelling Directives ("horizontal matters"). Consultation Forum on horizontal matters was held 1 March 2013.
Consultation Forum 1 March 2013
Topics that were discussed in Consultation Forum 1 March:
- reviews of existing ecodesign and energy labelling regulations
- guidelines for ecodesign self-regulation measures
- the implementation of the new second Ecodesign Work Plan 2012-2014,
- market surveillance,
- (2012-ongoing). aims to clarify the implications of material or resource efficiency in the application of ecodesign measures and the consideration of non-energy related aspects in the implementation.
- (2013-ongoing). The Commission has launched a study to prepare the review of the Energy Labelling Directive and certain aspects of the Ecodesign Directive.
- (2011-2012) An independent study evaluated the overall functioning of the Ecodesign policy. The aim was to make recommendations for the 2012 review of the Ecodesign Directive.
- (2010-2012) The "study of the Update of the Methodology for the Ecodesign of Energy-using Products", examined the Eup Methodology in order to develop a methodology for the ecodesign of energy-related products (MEErP).
|1 March 2013||Consultation Forum||
Draft agenda (pdf)
Guidelines on self-regulation measures (pdf)
|19 April 2012||Consultation Forum||
draft agenda (pdf)
Industry & Trade
NGO & Consumers: