Smart2Wheels - tackling Europe's urban mobility challenges - what can cycling do for European cities?
- Start/Stop Date:
- 22 Sep 11
- Brussels, Belgium
- The European Twowheel retailers Association and Forum Europe in association with the Netherlands Embassy to the EU, The Greens/EFA Group and UEAPME
- Brussels, Belgium
- Focus Areas:
- Climate, energy efficiency, technology
- Type of Event:
To secure your complimentary place at this event, please register here
On 22nd September in Brussels on the occasion of Mobility Week, ETRA (The European Twowheel Retailers' Association) and Forum Europe, in association with the Netherlands Embassy to the EU, The Greens/EFA Group and UEAPME, will host the “Smart2Wheels” event.
The day will feature an exhibition of innovative cycling products, bicycles and other two-wheelers on the Esplanade outside the European Parliament followed by a half-day debate at the Netherlands Embassy. This debate will focus on the beneficial impact of cycling on European cities and on their citizens’ health. In summary, the purpose of the day will be to highlight and to discuss the economic and social effects of promoting 2Wheels as a sustainable mobility solution.
Other confirmed speakers at this year's event include:
Daniela Rosca, Head of Unit: Clean Transport and Sustainable Urban Mobility, European Commission
Derk Oldenburg, Head, Netherlands Permanent Representation to the EU
Remco Ruiter, Director, Pro Velo
Roelof Wittink, Netherlands Cycling Embassy
Please visit regularly for further speaker updates
Interested in becoming involved? For more information on exhibiting in the morning or for details of speaking, sponsorship and other opportunities, please contact James Wilmott on +44 (0) 2920 783 022 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also download the sponsorship brochure here
It is expected that around 150 stakeholders from industry, NGOs and the policymaking world will attend the conference and over 350 people from the European Commission, Parliament and Council, will attend the technology demonstration. This high-profile event is an opportunity to discuss the important role cycling can play in European cities by transforming them into pleasant urban environments.
The event programme features:
- The official inauguration of Smart2Wheels by a number of senior policy makers
- The opportunity to try out the innovative bikes, electric bikes, electric scooters, on show
- Presentation of inspiring sustainable mobility projects and organisations
- The now famous “Conference Bike” Meeting that will feature senior policymakers and stakeholders
- Short bike rides touring the Parliament, Council and Commission
- Breakfast and lunch served on the Esplanade of the European Parliament
- The Smart2Wheels Afternoon Debate at the Netherlands Embassy, which will focus on the social and economic effects of promoting 2Wheels as a sustainable mobility solution
- The official opening of the Netherlands Cycling Embassy
…and much more!
To view the provisional conference programme and to register, please go to www.smart2wheels.eu
Go to the calendar.