European Nearly Zero Energy Buildings Conference
- Start/Stop Date:
- 28 Feb – 01 Mar 13
- O.Ö. Energiesparverband, Austria
- Wels, Austria
- Focus Areas:
- Energy efficiency, buildings
- Type of Event:
The coming years will see a sharp increase in the market uptake of highly efficient buildings throughout Europe: by 2018, new public buildings must be "nearly zero energy buildings", by 2020, this will apply to all new buildings. According to the European Buildings Directive, a "nearly zero energy building" (NZEB) is a building that has a very high energy performance and the very low amount of energy required is covered to a very significant extent by energy from renewable sources.
On the conference website the first announcement is available now! Check the video from the 2012 conference here & the pictures here.
The European Nearly Zero Energy Buildings Conference 2013 will offer:
- presentations of criteria for "nearly zero energy buildings" (NZEB) and how this standard can be achieved
- the latest technology trends and financing solutions
- the meeting place for the global sustainable buildings community
- an outlook on the developments on European and global markets for sustainable buildings, including National Plans for NZEB
- inspirational case studies and site-visits
- exchange of experience among experts and new business opportunities
- WSED next - an event for young researchers on energy efficiency in buildings
- a major trade show, the “Energiesparmesse“, dedicated to energy efficiency and renewable energy in buildings, with 1,600 exhibitors
The conference will be organised in the framework of the annual "World Sustainable Energy Days" conference by the O.O. Energiesparverband, the energy agency of Upper Austria. Upper Austria is an ideal location for such a conference: due to consistent policies, today there are more than 1,000 buildings meeting passive building standard and several thousand "near zero energy buildings".
Simultaneous interpretation into English, German, Russian and Spanish will be provided.
The conference fees are 185 Euro for the European NZEB Conference (28 Feb. - 1 March, includes the LED conference and the NZEB site-visit), 290 Euro for all conferences of the WSED (27 Feb. - 1 March), plus 10 % VAT.
The fees also include an entrance ticket to the tradeshow. Further information on fees for the different events and for student. .
On the conference website - which will be regularly up-dated in the coming months - an online registration form is available.
We also advise you to make your hotel reservation as soon as possible - further information is available on the conference website.
Go to the calendar.