EASME conference: "Energy Efficiency Finance Market Place"
- Start/Stop Date:
- 18 – 19 Jan 17
- Executive Agency for Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (EASME)
- Brussels, Belgium
- Focus Areas:
- Energy efficiency finance
- Type of Event:
Accelerated investment in energy efficiency and renewable energy is key to meet the European Union’s energy and climate targets for 2030 and has significant benefits for European citizens and companies in terms of jobs and sustainable growth, lower energy bills, health and security of energy supply. Energy efficiency is also a major business opportunity which is not yet fully exploited.
Innovative financing approaches are required to enhance access to private funding. As highlighted by the Energy Efficiency Financial Institutions Group (EEFIG), bridging the gap between operational and financial actors is essential in this context.
The event will bring together key stakeholders from cities, regions and industry as well as the financial sector to discuss successful schemes implemented at local and regional level, financing mechanisms and products available, and practical challenges to implement them on a large scale. A special focus will be on structuring the market and, in particular, standardisation, aggregation and de-risking of energy efficiency assets.
The conference is the third in a series of successful events during the last years and will feature:
- Plenary sessions by high-level political representatives on finance for sustainable energy;
- Panel sessions by financial institutions on practical experiences and project bankability; and
- Parallel sessions on practical solutions and projects implemented across Europe in four thematic tracks:
- o Standardisation and benchmarking;
- o Innovative financing solutions;
- o Aggregating projects on public assets;
- o Aggregating projects on private assets;
- Poster sessions of sustainable energy projects with divers technical and financial structures; as well as
- Stands of financial institutions.
The event will offer the opportunity for interested financial institutions to participate with a dedicated stand. Organisations with experience in sustainable energy financing, including energy efficiency are encouraged to express their interest until 07/12/2016. Register here. For any questions, please contact EASME-Energy@ec.europa.eu.
Go to the calendar.