Publication ethics and malpractice statement
eceee aims to generate evidence-based knowledge and analyses of policies. Our conference papers and proceedings constitute our most important source of knowledge and information. This means that it is very important that the papers for our conferences consist of original, honest work and that the studies have been conducted in an ethical manner. We expect all conference authors and reviewers to follow general ethical guidelines provided by the Committee of Publication Ethics (COPE).
International standards for authors
Authors are expected to follow the international standards for responsible research publication, as published in Elisabeth Wager & Sabine Kleinert, "Responsible research publication: international standards for authors", A position statement developed at the 2nd World Conference on Research Integrity, Singapore, July 22–24, 2010. Here is a short summary:
- The research being reported should have been conducted in an ethical and responsible manner and should comply with all relevant legislation.
- Authors should present their results clearly, honestly, and without fabrication, falsification or inappropriate data manipulation.
- Authors should strive to describe their methods clearly and unambiguously so that their findings can be confirmed by others.
- Authors should adhere to publication requirements that submitted work is original, is not plagiarised, and has not been published elsewhere in any laguange.
- Authors should take collective responsibility for submitted and published work.
- The authorship of research publications should accurately reflect individuals’ contributions to the work and its reporting.
- Funding sources and relevant conflicts of interest should be disclosed.
Download standards (pdf).
Code of conduct for journal publishers and journal editors
eceee and the panel leaders will, as far as it is applicable for conference proceedings, follow COPE's codes of conduct for publishers and editors (and follow their recommendations in case of suspected misconduct).
Download code of conduct for publishers (pdf).
Download code of conduct for editors (pdf).
For more information, please go to COPE's web site, or contact the conference managers.